The key pillars of governance in the Kingfisher Schools Trust, are as follows:
- The seven Nolan Principles of Public Life
- Strong financial governance, ensuring good value for money and accountability across the trust
- Clearly defined roles and responsibilities between the three tiers of governance – i.e. members, the trust board and the academy councils
- Ensuring that all the schools in the trust are rooted in the communities they serve and ensuring the academy council is championing the stakeholders in those communities
- Linking governance within the trust into the school improvement cycle and the relentless focus across the trust on improving the outcomes of pupils
- Strong central governance support, promoting strong governance through co-ordinated training, governance tools and expert clerking, guidance and advice.